心情点滴
平时常走的那条Can A bus stop 到Hall 16 的小径只需五分钟, 那天,我却用了30分钟。我和一位菲禄宾女生扶着一位行动不便, 拿着拐杖的老伯, 一步一步的走向hall3. 老伯应该有重听,我问的问题好像都是答非所问。
一开始, 老伯就半开玩笑的告诉我们:this is my christmas gift. I fell down during Christmas. 问他为什么来NTU, 老伯说来看他的孙子。 一听到这, 心里好想骂人, 有没有搞错,让你爷爷大老远来这看你, 却不下来接他。 我原以为他的孙子就读ntu. 聊着聊着,却听到老伯说:My son is the professor here, stay in Hall 3. Teaching Chemical Engineering. He is very smart. Take scholarship , study phd in USA. I come here to visit my grandson. He is six yrs old this year. Next year going to Pri 1.
心顿时凉了, 如果是Prof, 应该有能力让你爸爸搭德士来看你吧。 那条路不好走, 看着老伯喘气, 很幸苦, 但多累都坚持下去, 我的心看了很酸。虽然不知道什么原因, 毕竟家家有本难练的经, 不过真的希望下次再看到这老伯, 他的脚已经复原, 开心的探望他的孙子。
----------------------------------------------------------------
Back to my story about my lab life. One sentence: Getting tired, getting late but getting learnt. Not to praise myself.. hehe, but i'm getting better lab skill, esp my pipetting [ i need to pipette almost 50 times per day, so obviously dont compare me to my neuro lab terrible experience].
But then, I'm getting tired of the life. Like a working life right now, even worse, it seemed like a long time I didn't take any nap. Morg 9 something in lab, there starts and goes my whole day until 7pm. I don't have any energy to do research after the lab work, this is freaking. Now i know the meaning of no life. Tired yet clinging on the urge to learn more, which comes first in my heart, this is a real tough question.
In fact, I enjoy to do the lab work esp alone. No one bother, I manipulate the whole experiment, trying this and that, use equipments, throw pipette tips like they are free. But not now after I know the price of all those pipette tips etc. You know, the LB medium which used to grow bacteria, smell much like the baby milk where the main ingredient yeast extract looks like the milk powder cost more than a typical milk powder in Market. 1 kg for S$60 over. Not to mention the protein cost. Shit. And after knowing all these, I try to do my experiment more careful.
That's all for the moment now. Update soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment