Back to Kt sweet home for the weekend and only realised Puasa had started. How I knew? Not by the news or parent, not by hearing from any Malay frens, but was from my own eyes. Hawkers, trading stalls filled the town area ( u must know, if KT is fulled with people, like a lively and prospering town, there must be something fishy going on). And so, the main town area, carparks had been blocked, those temporary food stalls, clothes, decorative items etc had replaced the former carpark lots, making hell of trouble to the people driving around, including ME! Pls, i just wanna to buy some necessaries, spare a lot for me!!
I'm not criticizing on the placement of stalls, I know the traders are earning a living too. In fact, I should be happy that KT seems to recover from the flood tragedy and business flowing in. But, somehow, I felt that the meaning of 'month of puasa' had been deviated. Isn't 'puasa month' supposed to be a period for ppl to realise the taste of hunger, in order to appreciate food and as a serving to the religion? But wat from my eyes, it created a situation that puasa month seemed to be a period where u 'starve' ur stomach in order for the feast waiting ahead everyday after 7pm? So, wat's the point?
I had seen ppl started preparing food for the nite feast from 2pm something, buying packed dishes from the food stalls etc, shopped the whole makan market. Then wat after the feast? Going supermarket buying stuff, preparing for Hari Raya, and this routine continues for the whole month. When the month supposed to be a taste of suffering, it seems to turn out be a month, emm.. ok, i would not further.(sorry for any offended statements, if any)
No comments:
Post a Comment