Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

OK, there's gone my blog layout. I lost all my current fav movie, books column etc etc. This will take some of my time to redesign my blog, beautify it. So, just bear with its empty shell for a period of time.

Is there a theory whereby if u sleep more, u get more tired? The last weekend was more like a sleeping week to me. I slept almost 1 hr plus on Fri nite, reluctantly wake up for a supper and bac to dreamland again. Sat nap around 2 hr plus.. which is a lot to me because I normally take only half n hr nap. BUT, the main point is, I still feel restless.. err.. izit a sign of aging? should not be that fast right?

Watched 'My Sister's Keeper' last Saturday. I have not read the novel before, without knowing any synopsis of the story, just based on Ann's good comment of the novel. These days, I have to trust Ann zai, although she might not read the lot of storybooks before age-13, but after coming to Singapore to study, I have to say, believe in her choice. The movie tells the story of a family struggling to cope with a child illness while presenting different points of views from the family members. A tear-jerking movie. The sadness in the movie goes so deep into your heart that you can feel the pain of Kate and her family.

The strength to overcome a sickness is not easy. Often, we would rather die than suffering mentally and physically. Especially for a young child, is cruel. What is still in your heart is the hope of recovering and the support from your loves.

I had been telling myself, even though some days work and stress from school is so great that discourages me a lot. I am so fortunate to be still able to work and teach the children. I am so fortunate that I can continue color my life. I am lucky I do not need to work under the sun. You can learn alot from movies, novels and surrounding. Even though we knew this deep in our heart to cherish our life and your loves one. But most of the times, we just overlook this importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment